Preparation time: 10
- Place the room temperature butter in a shallow bowl or on a plate then mash with a fork to soften.
- Rinse the herbs and pat dry with paper towel. Pick off the leaves from the stem and roughly chop, then add them to the butter along with the lemon zest and minced garlic.
- Work the additions into the butter with the fork until distributed evenly.
- Spoon butter onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Fold the parchment paper over the butter and roll up, then twist the ends tight so that the butter compresses into a neat log shape.
- Chill in the fridge until firm. Can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Ideally prepare butter 1-2 days before eating or using for the best flavour.
Get creative with flavours!
We love the Thyme, Parsley, Lemon and Garlic Butter recipe above, but there’s so much more you can do following the same easy steps.
Try mixing Basil with Sundried Tomato to add a Mediterranean twist to your meal or make seasonal varieties like Sage, Thyme and Parsley with Cranberries and Mandarin zest to get real Christmas flavours (any time of the year – we won’t tell anyone!)