Fibre Fan: Spinach Falafel Bowl
Making falafel at home has never been easier (and healthier!). This delicious mix of flavour, colour and texture is sooo good for your gut health.
Try to include 30g of dietary fibre in your daily diet. You can use our Salad Creator to explore the content of fibre in various foods.
Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 25
1.5 tbsp honey
2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 pressed garlic cloves
75g baby spinach
1tbsp plain flour
65g pearl barley, cooked
60g carrot. grated
120ml natural yoghurt
A bunch of Parsley
1 garlic clove
Salt & Pepper
1 ripe avocado - stoned and peeled
- Preheat the oven to 190 C or 170 C fan.
- Place Baby Spinach, chickpeas, 1 garlic clove, cumin parsley, flour and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor and blitz until you get a rough mix.
- Oil your hands lightly and for form 8 balls from falafel mix. Lay them out on a parchment sheet, press slightly with your hand, brush with the oil and bake at for 20-25mins until golden.
- Next prepare our Oil-Free Honey and Mustard Dressing. Whisk together yoghurt, honey, mustard, pressed garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, assemble the salad: toss Rocket leaves, carrot and cucumber with the dressing. Place in a bowl with avocado and falafels. Finish with sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds.
What’s your type?
This salad is Fibre Fan – a great option for those who are looking for a delicious, healthy meal packed with high content of beneficial fibre!
Go to our SALAD CREATOR to discover simple steps to the perfect salad and learn how to make one that suits your lifestyle and your needs.
And don’t forget to share your results on Instagram to be in a chance to win a prize!