Veg Wise: Roasted Aubergine, Pomegranate and Spinach Salad
A beautiful veg-forward meal. Doesn’t matter if you’re vegan, vegetarian or just love the veg in any shape, Veg Wise is your type!
Roasted aubergines and spiced chickpeas are balanced with pomegranate seeds and super healthy tahini dressing.
Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 30
80g couscous, cooked
2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
60ml lemon juice
400g tin of chickpeas
4 cloves garlic - minced
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 160 C fan.
- Cut the aubergine lengthwise into 6-8 wedges. Deseed the pepper and cut into thick strips.
- On a roasting tray, place the drained chickpeas with drizzle of olive oil and the cumin.
- On a second tray, lay the aubergine and pepper, brush with oil and season. Place both trays in the oven for 20 mins, turning them half way through.
- Turn the oven to 200 C or 180 C fan and cook for another 10 min. Be careful with chickpeas, so they don't burn or dry out too much.
- For the dressing, mix tahini and lemon juice. Stir together and season. Use required quantity, reserving the rest in the airtight container in the fridge.
- Toss the spinach leaves with the dressing until nicely coated.
- Place couscous, chickpeas and roasted veg on the plates.
- Top with dressed spinach and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with a little more dressing and garnish with mint leaves.
What’s your type?
This salad is Veg Wise – a perfectly balanced veg-forward meal!
Go to our SALAD CREATOR to discover simple steps to the perfect salad and learn how to make one that suits your lifestyle and your needs.
And don’t forget to share your results on Instagram to be in a chance to win a prize!