Sweet Potato, Spinach & Bacon Quiche
Indulge in a delicious Sweet Potato, Spinach & Bacon Quiche! This savoury delight combines sweet potato, bacon, spinach, and aromatic thyme in a perfectly baked shortcrust pastry. Ideal for brunch or dinner, it’s a flavorful and satisfying meal. Try this hearty quiche recipe today!
The recipe makes 12 servings, each containing approximately 343kcal, 17g protein, 17g fat, 31g carbs and 188% of your RDI of Vitamin A!
Preparation time: 20
Cooking time: 45
2 pressed garlic cloves
180g bacon lardons
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
10 large eggs
1 tbsp thyme
salt and pepper
- Pre - heat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas 4. Line a 25x38cm (10x15inch) deep roasting dish or baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large pan, cook the bacon over medium heat with a light drizzle of oil until bacon is cooked through. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the sweet potato (add a little more oil if needed) . Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Lower the heat to medium low then add the shallots. Continue cooking until the sweet potato is just tender , another 6 - 8 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Finally, add the spina ch and cook just until spinach has wilted, tossing the spinach with the other ingredients. Set aside until needed.
- Roll out the thawed shortcrust pastry on a floured surface so that it’s large enough to line the bottom of the dish, then transfer the pastry to the dish. Lightly press the pastry to the edges and into the corners if needed to make sure it covers the entire bottom of the dish and trim away any excess pastry.
- Bake in the pre - heated oven for 10 minutes.
- While pastry is baking, whisk together e ggs with milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- When pastry is done par-baking, remove from the oven. Spread the sweet potato mixture over the pas try along with the bacon pieces.
- Ladle the egg mixture over the top then sprinkle over the chopped thyme.
- Return to the oven and bake until just set in the centre, 40 - 45 minutes.