Spinach & Feta Rolls
Makes 4 large rolls
Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 25
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Fry the onion, garlic and chili ﬂakes together for a few minutes and then add in the spinach. It may seem like a lot but it will wilt down quickly.
- Cook together for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place spinach into a colander/sieve to remove some of the liquid.
- When drained, place into a bowl and crumble in the feta.
- Leave this to cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, heat your oven to 200ºC/180ºC Fan and line a baking tray with some greaseproof paper.
- When the spinach has cooled, unroll the pastry and assemble the rolls.
- Cut into 4 even pieces and spoon the spinach and feta mixture into the centre leaving space around all edges, fold one side over the other and with a fork press down all 4 sides to seal it.
- Slit across the top with a sharp knife and brush over the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle some seeds on top and place on your prepared baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
Serve them for brunch with the nicest ketchup you can find!