Energiser Chicken & Noodle Satay
Who needs a takeaway if you have this recipe! This super quick and easy dish is perfect for mid-week dinner.
Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 25
400g tin coconut milk
5 tbsp peanut butter
3 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1.5 tbsp curry powder
4 chicken breasts - cut into bite sized chunks
4 cloves garlic - minced
1 medium white or red onion - diced
150g frozen peas - defrosted
- Make the satay sauce. Place the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, chilli sauce and curry powder in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, stir and return to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the noodles or rice as you like or by following the instructions on the pack.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 teaspoon oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until soft through. Remove from the pan and add to the satay sauce.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the chicken, stir regularly and cook until browned on all sides. Add the chicken to the satay sauce.
- Bring the satay sauce up to a boil and return to a simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Before serving, stir through the peas, salad leaves and cooked noodles until the leaves begin to wilt and the noodles are well coated in the satay sauce.
Swap chicken for beef, pork, prawns or tofu if you prefer. This very popular dish is as lean as possible and now with extra greens from Energise SuperMix it must be the healthiest satay in the world!