Chickpea and Spinach Fritters
Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 10
2 pressed garlic cloves
2 spring onions
250g self raising flour
1/4tsp baking powder
3 eggs, lightly beaten
400g tin of chickpeas
A bunch of Parsley
salt and pepper
- Gently sauté the spinach over medium heat with a small drizzle of oil in a large pan just until wilted. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, roughly mash the chickpeas with a fork. Mix in the tahini and spinach.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix into a batter.
- Heat a large non - stick pan over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, drop 3 - 4 dollops of bat ter (about 75ml) around the pan. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes, then flip over and cook for further 3 - 4 minutes.
- Keep cooked fritters warm in a low oven while cooking the remaining batter.
- Serve with hummus or Greek yoghurt and garnish with extra chopped parsley.
A perfect family meal – quick to make, healthy and easy to satisfy a hungry bunch! Also ideal for packed lunches, meals to go or made-ahead snacks.
This recipe typically makes 15 fritters and each fritter gives you approx. 129 kcal, 6.1g Protein, 16.1g Carbs, 4.4g Fat and almost a quarter of your daily RDI of Calcium.
Like to experiment? Replace Spinach with Rocket or Energise SuperMix and use different spices and herbs of your choice.