Chicken Fajita Bowl
Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 30
1tsp flaky salt
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp fajita spice
420g chicken thighs
4 portions cooked rice of choice
1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tin sweetcorn
Pickled red onions
6 tbsp olive oil
3 limes, zest and juice
Bunch of coriander
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 ripe avocado - stoned and peeled
- Mix together 1/3 of the lime zest and juice, 1 tbsp of olive oil and fajita seasoning in a medium sized bowl (Also add 1 tsp flaky salt if your fajita seasoning is unsalted). Add the chicken thighs and mix well to coat the meat. Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- When ready to cook the chicken, pre-heat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan.
- Transfer marinated chicken to a baking dish in a single layer then bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- To assemble the fajita bowls, divide the mixed leaves between 4 serving bowls and arrange as a bed at the bottom of the bowls.
- Now add the other ingredients on top of the leaves, working your way around the bowl in sections, starting with the rice, sliced peppers, beans, sweetcorn and avocado.
- Cut chicken into thic slices and add to the bowl. Top with pickled onion and scatter with fresh coriander.
- Whisk together 6tbsp of olive oil, remaining lime zest and juice, coriander, garlic and salt and pepper for the dressing and drizzle over the top of each fajita bowl just before serving.
This healthy Chicken Fajita Bowl is a perfect family lunch or dinner option. Eat the rainbow and enjoy this light, zesty and nutritious meal.
This bowl will provide approximately 36g of protein, 66g of carbs, 42g of fat and a total of 796 kcal per person, as well as more than twice the RDI of Vitamin C and all the Vitamin A you need in a day. Enjoy!