Spiced Cauliflower Salad with Romesco Sauce
A feast for your eyes and taste buds. A simple and gorgeous vegetarian dish with classic Spanish sauce and a Moroccan twist.
Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 20
- Preheat your oven to 200oC/180oC Fan. Place the cauliflower and chickpeas on 2 large baking trays and drizzle with the oil.
- Sprinkle with the Ras el Hanout and Thyme, toss to combine.
- Roast for 18–20 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the romesco, in a dry pan toast the almonds for a few minutes until they start releasing their oils and turn a toasted brown colour (careful not to burn)
- Add these into a food processor along with all the other romesco ingredients except for the oil.
- Blitz until everything is broken down into a chunky paste. With the motor running, drizzle in the oil until all is incorporated.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt pepper or spice as you like it. Pour into a bowl and leave to the side.
- When the cauliflower and chickpeas are roasted, Add the Energise Supermix and toss to combine and lightly wilt the leaves.
- Serve alongside the romesco sauce and a garnishing of fresh Parsley.
Don’t be intimidated by Ras El Hanout. If you can’t find it in your local supermarket or ethnic store, simply replace it by blending paprika, ginger and ground coriander in equal parts.