Baked Green Eggs
Enjoy this high energy breakfast on its own, or toast some sourdough to dip into the runny eggs and slather the creamy cheesy greens onto.
Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 10
- Start by preheating your oven to 200oC/180oC Fan
- Wash and Chop up your spinach and mix together with the pesto, cream and some salt and pepper,
- Pour into 2 shallow ovenproof dishes or 1 large one. Sprinkle the feta over the top.
- Make shallow hollows in the mixture in each dish and break an egg into each hollow.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
- Sprinkle on some basil leaves and enjoy on it’s own, or toast some sourdough to dip into the runny eggs and slather the creamy cheesy greens onto.
Baby Spinach is rich in Calcium, Iron, Folic Acid, Zinc, vitamin C, K & A and packed with antioxidants and carotenoids. Top tip: feta is a salty cheese, so don’t forget to cut back on seasoning and keep sodium intake to minimum.