Spinach and Bacon Quiche
1. Preheat your oven to 190ºC.
2. Remove the readymade pastry from the fridge. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of lightly floured non stick paper.
Then place pastry in a greased 25cm diameter 3cm deep loose bottomed flan tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook for 8—10 minutes or until soft.
4. Microwave spinach on high for 1 minute. Cool for 5 minutes and squeeze out moisture. Chop!
5. Take out your pastry tray. Line the pastry base with baking paper and cover with rice. Bake in hot oven for 10 minutes.
6. Remove paper and rice. Spread over the spinach, bacon and onion.
7. Whisk eggs, cream and milk together and pour over the filling. Season to taste and sprinkle over the parmesan.
8. Bake for 30 minutes and serve with a side salad!
• Roll out pastry for base
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 100g rindless bacon,
in short thin strips
• 100g Loose & Lively Spinach leaves
• 4 eggs
• 185ml cream
• 125ml milk
• 30g grated parmesan