Salmon White Beans Bacon and Kale
1. Heat your oven to 200ºC or 180ºC for fan ovens.
2. In a heavy pan, heat to a medium heat and add the oilive oil. Cook the bacon until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Use a spoon to remove the juices from the pan and put aside.
3. Add the garlic to the bacon in the pan, cook, stirring until the garlic starts to sizzle (about 30 seconds). Raise the heat to high, add the kale and sauté until it starts to wilt, about 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and beans and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
5. While the beans are cooking. line a heavy duty baking sheet with foil, arrange the salmon darns skin side down. Drizzle the reserved bacon fat over the salmon and season with 1/2 tsp of salt and generous sprinkling of black pepper. Oven bake for 10 minutes for medium cooking (salmon will be dark pink in the middle).
6. Sprinkle half the thyme over the salmon. Stir the rest of the thyme into the beans and kale mixture and season to taste.
7. Spoon equal portions of the beans and kale on dinner plates and top each with a piece of salmon.
8. Serve with a simple salad or some baby potatoes!
• 4 thick slices thick cut bacon, cut into thin strips
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 100g Loose & Lively Green Kale, stems removed and chopped
• 300—350ml chicken stock
• 1 can cannelloni beans, rinsed well and drained
• 0.75kg salmon (or 4 evenly cut darnes)
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme