Poached Egg with Spinach and Walnuts
1. Heat a pan over a medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and pop the spinach in. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Remove the spinach from the pan, drain, cool slightly and squeeze out excess moisture.
2. Add remaining oil to pan, add the garlic and shallots and sauté for 3 minutes. Add sage, half of the thyme, half of the pepper and then the salt and mushrooms. Sauté for a further 7 minutes.
3. Stir in the spinach, half of the chopped walnuts, red wine vinegar and cheese. Mix for only 30 seconds.
4. Combine your water and white vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir the water in circular motion to create a whirlpool. Drop your egg into the whirlpool. Repeat for each egg. Cook for 3 minutes.
5. Remove eggs using a slotted spoon.
6. Spoon mushroom mixture onto each of the 4 plates. Top each serving with an egg. Sprinkle evenly with your remaining thyme, black pepper and walnuts and serve. Enjoy!
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 bag of Loose & Lively
Spinach leaves, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 3 sliced shallots
• 1 tbsp fresh sage
• 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 packet mushrooms, quartered
• 100g walnuts, chopped
• 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 50g shredded Gruyere cheese
• 2 tbsp white vinegar
• 4 large eggs